Staff have unrestricted access to Youtube but if you're finding yourself placed in Restricted Mode here a few things to check:
- Are you logged in? Only firstname.lastname@example.org will allow staff (teaching & admin) to see the unrestricted version of Youtube as well as the ability to approve restricted videos for students. Students must be logged in as well to see those videos. If you or a student logs into a Google service using a @gmail.com or any other domain then you must remove that account entirely. Additionally if you're using Google Chrome it's easy to be confused by the login page Chrome presents you when it's first opened up. This will sign you into Chrome but not anywhere else. You must browse to youtube.com and login at that specific site.
- The restricted version of Youtube will only show on campus. If you're off campus with a school issued device you don't have to be signed in to see the regular un-restricted version of Youtube.
- Please check that a Youtube Channel has not been inadvertently or purposefully been added to your account. If you need assistance with this please ask a member of the Tech Department.
- Please ensure you're on the correct wireless network when you're on campus. As of 8/2019 All district-owned/managed devices should be on GT-district unless told otherwise. The GT-guest network is for personal devices such as phones, tablets, or computers.
- If you're on an iOS device i.e. iPad or iPhone using the Youtube app you cannot see unrestricted videos currently due the app not allowing this functionality. This may change in the future. For the time being please use Safari or Chrome and browse to youtube.com
If you've followed these three steps and are still seeing the restricted version of Youtube then please submit a helpdesk request and we'll investigate what the issue may be.